The following guidelines and procedures are requested. We hope that one of our properties will become your next home.
Each applicant is required to have a minimum credit score of 600 and must have gross earnings at least three times the rental rate to qualify to view a property. Only one person will need to complete the initial pre-qualification in order to check out keys to the property. This does not guarantee the application will be accepted. Applicant will be allowed to keep the keys for up to 48 hrs. Potential renter will fill out a credit card authorization form before being allowed to check out keys to the properties. The authorization form gives Rudulph Real Estate Inc. permission to charge customer $100/lock that has to be changed on each property where the key was not returned within 48 hours.
- A pre-qualification fee of $10.00 by credit card, per applicant
- This fee will cover credit check and initial rental history report
- Some form of government-issued photo identification, such as a driver license, passport, or military ID
***** In the event you do not qualify, all monies paid to pre-qualify are non-refundable *****
After the completed application form has been submitted for each adult 19 or older, Rudulph Real Estate will require
- An application processing fee of $25.00, in “Certified Funds” or Credit Card per applicant “Non-refundable”
- This fee will cover employment verification and unverified rental history
- A Cashier Check or Money Order ONLY for Security Deposit (equal to one month’s rent).
Agents from Rudulph will process the application and verify all required information. Once the application packet is complete, agent from Rudulph will contact applicant(s) to review application to ensure agent and applicant are on the same page. Agent will then contact owner to review application. If application is approved by owner, agent will again contact applicant(s) to review the final agreement and at that time agent and applicant(s) will agree to the lease terms and the property will be removed from the active listings. Once the lease terms have been agreed upon by all parties, the security deposit check will be deposited into the escrow account for Rudulph Real Estate and will be held in this account until tenant vacates the property and the move-out inspection has been completed at the end of the lease term.
If future tenant fails to execute the lease on the agreed upon move-in date, all deposits will be forfeited.
Applications are processed as quickly as possible and will normally be completed within 48 hours. This can be longer if a complication arises such as difficulties contacting your past landlord. We will review your credit report, verify your income and length of employment and confirm your rental history.
Any request to make changes in the current condition of the property or terms of the Lease Agreement must be in writing at the time of application. These requests may be written at the bottom of the application and will be considered at the same time your application is processed. Without any indicated changes, you are offering to rent the home in an “As Is” Condition.
All our properties have a policy on pets. This policy is listed within the ad on the rental list. Tenant will owe a $200 non-refundable pet fee per pet prior to taking possession of the home. Owner may require an additional refundable pet deposit depending on the age and type of animal. If it is determined that a tenant brings an unapproved animal into the home, tenant will be charged the $200 non-refundable pet fee per pet, a $1,000 fine per unauthorized pet and tenant will still be responsible for any damage attributed to the unauthorized pet. The term “unauthorized pets” also includes, but is not limited to, pets belonging to friends, family, neighbors, etc…
Qualifications for properties vary depending on the individual property owner’s instructions to us. However, in most cases, the following is reviewed: verifiable present and past landlord history; a satisfactory credit report through one of the major credit bureaus; verifiable gross income of at least three times the amount of the rent. A good landlord history is a must for renting one of our homes. We reserve the right to run a criminal background check, at our expense, on any person applying to rent a home.
After an application is approved, we will immediately deposit the damage deposit into our Escrow Account. The first month’s rent and any pet fees and/or deposits must be paid prior to tenant taking possession of the property. If a tenant takes possession of a property within 10 days of the beginning of the month, tenant will pay the prorated rental amount for the current month plus the full month’s rent for the following month.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR RESIDENCY
It is the policy of Rudulph Real Estate, Inc. to thoroughly investigate all individuals applying for residency. Each individual applicant must meet requirements to be approved. Individual owners may have higher or lower qualification requirements.
A Guarantor may be requested, at the company’s discretion, if the applicant is a full-time student, recently independent individual, or has non-garnishable wages. The Guarantor must be in good standing with his or her credit, must demonstrate stable current employment with verifiable income and must have available assets in the State of Alabama. Identity must be verifiable by a state, or federally, issued form of identification which includes a photograph.
All applications are processed through a professional credit bureau service. Our ability to process your application in a timely manner is dependent upon the thoroughness and accuracy of your responses. We will then inform you of the acceptance, or refusal, of your application.
ALL QUESTIONS REGARDING YOUR CREDIT HISTORY SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO THE CREDIT BUREAU. Do not discuss your credit history with the office staff. (You will not be furnished with a copy of your credit report).
The application process includes, but is not limited to, investigation of the following for all applicants and/or Guarantor(s).
- RESIDENCE HISTORY – Verification of current and past residences including: length of residency, rental amount, payment history, the absence or presence of complaints, the condition upon vacating, the cost of damages incurred, and history of proper notice given regarding intent to move. A stable rental history is expected of all applicants. If you currently own your residence, your mortgage payment amount and payment history may be verified.
- EMPLOYMENT HISTORY – Verification of current employment includes length of employment and monthly gross income of approximately three (3) times the rental amount of the property for which you are applying. Your most recent employment and current employment should be of reasonable length of time and should demonstrate stability in employment history. Self-employed applicants must furnish their most recent tax return for review.
- CREDIT HISTORY – A full credit history is prepared on each applicant and Guarantor(s). All applicants and/or guarantor(s) are required to have a minimum credit score of 600.
- BANKRUPTCY – The application may not be accepted if the applicant has filed for bankruptcy or with debtor’s court within the last two (2) years.
- NATIONWIDE CRIMINAL SEARCH – Each applicant will have a criminal background search, this includes registered sex offenders and terrorist watch list (OFAC)
- NATIONWIDE EVICTION HISTORY – History of any unlawful detainer filings (even those without a judgment that will no longer appear on credit report).
We pride ourselves on maintaining quality properties you will be happy to call “Home” and you will be treated with fairness and respect as a valued customer. All properties leased and managed by Rudulph Real Estate are offered subject to the Federal Fair Housing Act which makes it illegal to advertise any preference, limitation, or discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, country of national origin, disability, familial status, or any intention to make such preference, limitation or discrimination.